Wesana Health is an emerging life sciences company championing the development and delivery of therapies, including psychedelics, to treat traumatic brain injury (TBI) and related conditions. Through extensive clinical research and academic partnerships, they're developing evidence-based formulations and protocols that empower patients to overcome neurological, psychological and mental health ailments caused by trauma.
Wesana Health is focused on developing therapeutic treatment options for 4 mental health disorders: traumatic brain injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression.
- Partnerships with key TBI-relevant organizations to support clinical trials and optimize treatments.
- Potential for FDA accelerated status, fast track or Breakthrough Therapy Designation for TBI.
- Pursuing clinical trials for the treatment of TBI related anxiety and depression using psilocybin and other potential compounds for professional athletes, veterans, and victims of domestic abuse.
- Submitting two Investigational New Drug (IND) filings with the FDA and Health Canada for the indications of TBI and migraines, following two patent applications.
- Closed over C$20 million in financing with notable backing from Mike Tyson and George Steinbrenner IV.
Daniel Carcillo, CEO/Founder
- Nine year professional NHL, two time Stanley Cup winner and passionate advocate for athletic, veteran, first responder, TBI and mental health communities
- Founder Chapter 5 Foundation, a charitable organization assisting professional athletes with transition to life after the game
- National advisory board member for Decriminalize Nature
- Board member of Heroic Hearts project, a nonprofit that connects military veterans struggling with trauma to psychedelic therapy.
Chad Bronstein, Executive Chairman/Co-Founder
- Business leader with focus in product development, marketing, capital raising, and M&A deals.
- Most recently lead Wesana’s raise of 21 million CAD
- Founder and CEO at Fyllo, cloud based marketing technology and compliance solutions for highly regulated industries, where he has raised over 60 million dollars
- Previously Chief Revenue Officer at Amobee, where he was responsible for successfully integrating three separate adtech startups while managing revenue operations of over a billion dollars, and for engineering the purchase of Turn for 310 million dollars in 2017
- Strategic advisor at OpenWeb
Mark Wingertzahn, PhD, Chief Science Officer
- Led Global Clinical Development, Toxicology, Preclinical Medicine and Drug Safety teams
- Led Medical and Scientific Affairs and Clinical Development teams at both GSK and Pfizer
- Instructor of Pediatrics at NYU (Medicine) and Associate Professor of Life Sciences & Allied Health at the NY Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Stephan Bart, MD CPI, Chief Medical Officer
- Experienced Executive Physician with 400 clinical trials as the principal investigator
- Skilled in Trial Design and Execution, Phase 1 - 4, First in Human Trials, Pharmacology, PK/PD, DDI, Infectious Diseases, Vaccines, Oncology, Drug Abuse
- Partnered with Pharma and Biotech companies for full development of investigational compounds from proof of concept through approval