Cybin is a leading ethical biopharmaceutical company, working with a network of world-class partners and internationally recognized scientists, on a mission to create safe and effective therapeutics for patients to address a multitude of mental health issues. Headquartered in Canada and founded in 2019, Cybin is operational in Canada, the United States, United Kingdom and Ireland. The Company is focused on progressing Psychedelics to Therapeutics™ by engineering proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for mental health disorders.
Cybin has three drug development programs (CYB003, CYB004 & CYB005)
• CYB003 (Deuterated Tryptamine) for Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). Phase 1/2a initiation is expected mid-2022.
• CYB004 (Deuterated dimethyltryptamine, or DMT) for Anxiety Disorders through inhalation delivery. Pilot study initiation is expected in 3Q2022.
• CYB005 (Phenethylamine) for neuroinflammation.
Through a partnership with Kernel, Cybin is leveraging Kernel Flow, a breakthrough neuroimaging technology that provides real time, qualitative data during a patient’s psychedelic experience. Cybin expects to begin a Phase 1 Kernel Flow feasibility study in 1Q 2022.
Cybin has developed a pipeline of nearly 50 different proprietary psychedelic molecules based upon DMT, MDMA, Psilocybin and other analogueso Cybin is building a portfolio of proprietary deuterated molecules which have improved pharmacokinetic profiles, while retaining the efficacy of the original molecule and that will result in more scalable treatments as compared to its peers.
• Cybin has been granted a patent by the USPTO that protects CYB004 (deuterated DMT) as a putative new chemical entity, and also covers a range of deuterated forms of DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.
• To date Cybin has completed over 140 pre-clinical studies on a portion of its molecules within its discovery pipeline. These studies have been conducted both in vitro and in vivo with promising results allowing for full IND enabling studies on certain molecules.
• Cybin’s development thesis is based on the need to create commercially viable drugs to meet the needs of patients and to easily integrate into the existing medical eco-system .
Doug Drysdale, Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Alex Nivorozhkin, Chief Science Officer
Brett Greene, Chief Innovation Officer
Dr. Michael Palfreyman, Chief R&D Officer
Dr. Alex Belser, Chief Clinical Advisor