Bionomics is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing better treatments for central nervous system disorders such as anxiety, depression and Alzheimer's disease.
They are in a strong growth phase with a world-class portfolio of promising drug candidates from early to mid stages of clinical development. This portfolio is fed by highly productive drug discovery platforms that include MultiCore®, a proprietary chemistry capability.
At the core of their business is strategic partnering. Bionomics partners with large pharmaceutical companies to get their drugs through the later stages of development and into the market as rapidly as possible. They focus their strengths on innovative drug discovery to extract as many "shots on goal" from their diverse pipeline of trials in the quest to create the world's new blockbuster drugs.
Robust Clinical Development Programs
- Lead development program BNC210 is a negative allosteric modulator alpha 7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor.
- Bionomics is progressing optimisation of its BNC210 tablets to use in its proposed second Phase 2 Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) trial by conducting testing in an animal study; completion projected in Q2 CY2020
- An experimental Phase 2 clinical trial of BNC105, in combination with nivolumab, has commenced in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, an Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG) sponsored trial supportedby Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Two Proprietary Technology Platforms
- Multicore®: suite of integrated pharmacophore modelling and synthetic methods for generating chemical diversity enabling rapid drug candidate identification.
- ionX®: integrated platform technologies that serve as the foundation of Bionomics' CNS drug discovery and development activities.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Genmab A/S
- Laboratory Corporation of America
- Athena Diagnostics
- Genetic Technologies Limited
- Solid balance sheet.
- Cash balance of AU$4.6M (as of 30 Jun 2020) to support clinical development programs.
- Cash receipts for the period ending 30 June 2020 - $7.5 million R&D Tax Incentive and $4.9 million mainly related to receipts from customers
- Market Cap: AU$112M (as at 7 Sept 2020).