Tryp Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing proprietary, novel formulations for the administration of psilocin in combination with psychotherapy to treat diseases with unmet medical needs. Tryp’s lead program, TRP-8803, is a proprietary IV formulation of psilocin for the potential treatment of eating disorders, chronic pain, and other indications. The Company has an ongoing Phase IIa trial for the treatment of Binge Eating Disorder at the University of Florida and an upcoming Phase IIa clinical trial with the University of Michigan for the treatment of fibromyalgia, both using Tryp’s TRP-8802 (synthetic, oral psilocybin) to demonstrate efficacy in these indications. Subsequent trials are expected to utilize TRP-8803, a proprietary IV formulation of psilocin (the active metabolite of psilocybin), which has the potential to further improve efficacy, safety and patient experience. For more information, please visit www.tryptherapeutics.com.
The TRYP Management team has decades of experience building successful pharmaceutical and biotech companies together, and bring a balanced combination of capital markets experience, Big Pharma and FDA expertise (having successfully brought drugs to market), and a track record of building profitable public companies.
Jim Gilligan, Chief Executive Officer
- Over three decades in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Co-founder of Unigene Laboratories, the first company to have a recombinant peptide product approved by the FDA.
- Co-founded and served as Chief Scientific Officer of Tarsa Therapeutics.
- Co-founder and Managing Partner at The Bracken Group, a life science consulting firm.
Daniel Clauw, MD, Scientific Advisory Board
- Professor of anesthesiology, medicine and psychiatry at the University of Michigan. Director of the Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center.
- Founded the Georgetown Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, and served as the Division Chief of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, and Vice Chair of the Department of Medicine.
Robin Carhart-Harris, Chair of Scientific Advisory Board
- Head of the Psychedelic Research Group within the Centre for Psychiatry at Imperial College London, where he has designed a number of functional brain imaging studies with psilocybin, LSD, MDMA, and DMT.
- Over 50 published papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals; two of which were ranked in the top 100 most impactful academic articles of 2016.
- Featured in major national and international media, was listed as one of Times Next100.
James Kuo, Director
- Chairman of the Board, ImmunoPrecise Antibodies (TSXV:IPA).
- Former Managing Director of HealthCare Ventures, a $378 Million venture capital fund.
- Former CEO of BioMicro Systems and Discovery Laboratories.
- Former Associate Director of Licensing and Development at Pfizer.
- MD from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- MBA from the Wharton School of Business.