Board members include industry pioneers Dr. Rick Strassman and Dr. Charles B Nemeroff
AUSTIN, TX | March 23, 2022 12:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Ninnion, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing next-generation psychedelic therapeutics today announced the formation of its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The board is composed of key opinion leaders in pharmaceutical development and psychedelics research, including Rick Strassman, MD, Charles B Nemeroff, MD, and chaired by Bill W. Massey, PhD, Ninnion’s Chief Development Officer.
“The level of experience and expertise embodied in our Scientific Advisory Board is absolutely world-class. The SAB members bring a great balance of scientific, drug development and clinical expertise to Ninnion’s programs. Their guidance will be a tremendous asset in navigating the uncharted waters of psychedelic drug development,” said Bill W Massey, Chief Development Officer of Ninnion.
The new SAB is composed of world renowned leaders in the areas of psychedelic research and drug development from top-tier organizations including Johns Hopkins, the Karolinska Institute and University of Texas, Austin. The SAB will work closely with Ninnion leadership, assisting with scientific judgments related to research and pipeline development.
“I’m delighted to serve as a member of Ninnion’s Scientific Advisory Board - this is an opportunity to work together with the best minds in the psychedelic pharmaceutical industry during a time of significant growth and discovery. Collectively we will aim to guide Ninnion through the development of its current pipeline and are committed to following the science as we move forward in developing thoughtful, evidence-based solutions,” said Rick Strassman, MD.
Ninnion’s research and development efforts currently focus on advancing second and third generation psychedelic therapies, which will ultimately empower patients with more accessible and affordable treatment opportunities. The SAB is an integral part of Ninnion’s vision to improve lives and forever change the landscape of today’s psychedelic pharmaceuticals.
“I am honored to be surrounded by such great minds and key opinion leaders contributing to our Scientific Advisory Board. We are bringing the best minds together to create the next generation of psychedelic drug therapies to enhance the lives of patients, starting with those recovering from ischemic stroke.” said Jeremy Caudill, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Ninnion.
The founding members of the Ninnion Scientific Advisory Board are:
- Rick Strassman, MD, is a world renowned psychiatrist, psychopharmacologist, and pioneer in the advancement of clinical psychedelic research. After 20 years of intermission, Dr. Strassman was the first person in the United States to undertake human studies with psychedelic drugs, with his research on DMT and psilocybin in the early 1990s.
- Charles B. Nemeroff, MD, is an internationally recognized psychiatrist and researcher, specializing in the areas of Neuropsychopharmacology, Psychiatry, mood disorders, and trauma. He serves as the Matthew P. Nemeroff Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School.
- Ede Frecska, MD, is a prolific author, researcher, and scholar with over 100 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters to his credit. He currently serves as Chief of Department at the National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology in Budapest.
- Attila Szabo, Ph.D., is a distinguished scholar, researcher, and advocate in the areas of psychoneuroimmunology, immunopsychiatry, biological psychiatry, and the molecular biology of inflammation. His current research focuses on immune-brain interactions in severe mental disorders.
- Patrick Finan, Ph.D., is a trained clinical psychologist and expert in cognitive, behavioral, and affective non-pharmacological mechanisms and treatments for chronic pain. His research focuses on chronic pain and measurement and analysis of dynamic measures of pain and emotion captured in the course of daily life. Dr. Finan is currently the Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator on 8 NIH-funded grants totaling over $20 million.
- Brent Turnipseed, MD, is a dedicated mental health professional and entrepreneur whose work in behavioral health strives to elevate the standard of care for those living with severe mental illness. As a Medical Director and Co-founder of Roots Behavioral Health, Dr. Turnipseed focuses on providing affordable care and expanding access to emerging therapies like ketamine-assisted therapy (KAP) and psychedelic therapeutics.
- Mathias Egermark, MD, is a versatile and agile clinician and healthcare executive with a passion for building high-performing teams in clinical trials and development. Combining years of experience in clinical practice, pharmaceutical development, and business leadership, Dr. Egermark has distinguished himself as a leader in managing cross-functional teams in global settings.
- Jair Soares, MD, Ph.D., is a well-recognized researcher, academic, and clinician who has published over 300 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters in the field of psychiatry. He has been the recipient of numerous awards, academic and non-academic honors & appointments, including over two dozen awards for his work in the field of medicine and psychiatry. He is a board-certified psychiatrist and serves as Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at UTHealth Houston Medical School, and director for the Center of Excellence on Mood Disorders.
To find out more about Ninnion’s Scientific Advisory Board and or to view a full list of its members, visit www.ninnion.com/.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Ninnion is a pharmaceutical company on a mission to build a fully integrated pharmaceutical psychedelics eco-system leveraging the latest AI drug discovery, development, cGMP manufacturing, commercialization, patient clinics and specialty pharmacy distribution network designed for the next frontier of psychedelic medicine. Focused on the payer-reimbursed market, Ninnion has begun developing a pipeline of next generation psychedelic therapies with a clinical focus on brain injury, chronic pain, inflammation, and addiction disorders. To learn more, visit www.ninnion.com.
Jive PR + Digital