Virtual Press Conference with Tim Ferriss, Joe Green, Rick Doblin, and More on Thursday, August 20th at 1PM ET
What: The Psychedelic Science Funders Collaborative (PSFC) and the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Science (MAPS), will hold a virtual press conference to provide a major update on The Capstone Campaign, a non-profit fundraising effort to raise $30 million in order to fund the final Phase 3 clinical trials required to seek U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Q&A opportunity following presentation
When: Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM ET
Who: PSFC and MAPS leadership and donors will provide a significant update on the Capstone Campaign and its progress in bringing funding of psychedelic research into the mainstream. The full lineup of speakers at the press conference includes:
· Tim Ferriss, Author and Entrepreneur
· Joe Green, Co-Founder of PSFC
· Rick Doblin, Ph.D., Founder and Executive Director of MAPS
· Amy Emerson, CEO of MAPS Public Benefit Corporation
· Alan Fournier, Founder of Pennant Capital and Capstone Campaign donor
Why: The Capstone Campaign is a non-profit fundraising effort to enable the completion of the Phase 3 clinical trials in the United States, Canada, and Israel required to seek FDA approval of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy to treat PTSD. Earlier this year, PSFC commissioned a third-party expert analysis of the MAPS research which concluded the trial’s likelihood of success was high. In May, MAPS announced an interim analysis of the first Phase 3 trial, which showed greater than 90% probability that the therapy will show a statistically significant effect in treating PTSD. This is the highest validation an interim analysis can provide and puts MAPS’ clinical trial on track to submit MDMA-assisted psychotherapy to the FDA for approval as soon as 2022.
The Capstone Campaign kicked off in March 2020 with $10 million donated by an “inside round” of core MAPS and PSFC members. The campaign shifted into high gear in May, when PSFC, MAPS, and high-profile entrepreneur, author, and podcaster Tim Ferriss collaborated to launch the $10 million Capstone Challenge. Tim announced the challenge while interviewing MAPS founder Rick Doblin on his influential podcast The Tim Ferriss Show. During the show, he called on his listeners to help make the fundraising efforts a success, driven by both small- and large-dollar donations.
Many advocates and philanthropists see this campaign and clinical trial as the tip of the spear, opening a wholesale reassessment of psychedelics and their potential to help address some of the defining mental health crises of our time.
· Interviews with the PSFC and MAPS teams, including PSFC Co-Founder Joe Green and MAPS Executive Director Rick Doblin
· Tim Ferriss, Amy Emerson, and Alan Fournier will be providing remarks at the press conference and will be available for interviews upon request. Additional donors may be made available for interviews upon request as well.
· Visuals from the press conference as well as from the research